Cauliflower is a popular vegetable in most diet meals due to its low calorie content. For a richer meal, you can add meat. Moreover, these products are perfectly combined with each other in the process of preparing different dishes. They can be used to cook stewed cabbage with meat, pies, cabbage soup, shukrut and much more.
There are a lot of recipes. Next, we will tell you about the beneficial properties of the culinary duo, who are not recommended to use such a combination of products, and you will also get acquainted with hearty and mouth-watering recipes and options for serving them.
Benefit and harm
Cauliflower is good for the human body as it contains many vitamins: U, B, C, A, P, K.
Note! When a person eats 200 g of stewed, raw or boiled cabbage, his body receives a daily intake of vitamin C.
The calorie content of cabbage is small - only 100 kcal per 100 g of product. This indicator increases significantly if other products are added to the cabbage dish, for example, meat. So, the calorie content of cabbage with chicken or turkey is 171-175 kcal per 100 g. The calorie content of cabbage with meat (beef, pork, lamb) reaches 191-200 kcal per 100 g.
Wherein 100 g of ready-made dish contains:
- proteins - 6.4 g;
- carbohydrates - 3.1 g;
- fats - 8.3 g.
These figures may vary slightly depending on the cooking technique. Cabbage with meat is a dish that can be included in the diet of adults and children. Meat contains a lot of protein, which is essential for the growth and development of the body.
Despite the apparent benefits, cabbage with meat is harmful to people who have problems with the work of the gastrointestinal tract. An exacerbation of the disease can provoke the appearance of unpleasant symptoms: pain, bloating, flatulence. Due to the high calorie content, the dish is not suitable for those who follow the figure.
Simple and delicious recipes with photos
Kish: cooking method
One of the most popular dishes, for the preparation of which it is necessary to use meat and cabbage, is quiche. The pie is popular not only at home - in France, but also in other countries.
The dough will require the following ingredients:
- 250 g flour (it must be sieved through a sieve);
- 150g chilled butter or margarine, cut into medium cubes;
- 1 large egg or 2 small ones;
- 2 tablespoons of cold water;
- a small pinch of salt.
- 1 head of medium-sized cauliflower
- 200 g of meat;
- 3 eggs small or 4 large;
- 300 ml. cream with a fat content of not more than 10%;
- 200 g of soft cheese;
- 4-5 tbsp chopped parsley;
- nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
You need to cook the cake in a specific sequence:
- Mix the sifted flour with butter. As a result, you should get a crumb.
- To this you need to add an egg and roll the dough into a ball shape.
- Wrap the dough with foil and refrigerate for 25-30 minutes.
- Then we take the dough out of the refrigerator, roll it into a thin layer and put it on a greased baking sheet, forming the sides.
- In this state, put the future cake back into the refrigerator for another 30 minutes.
- After this time, the baking sheet should be removed from the refrigerator and a piece of parchment paper should be placed on the dough, and 1 cup of peas should be poured onto it.
- Then put the future pie in the oven preheated to 190 ° C for 15 minutes.
- After that, the cake must be taken out of the oven, the parchment and peas must be removed.
- Then we bake the dough for another 7 minutes.
Important! Make sure that the parchment and peas do not burn. Otherwise, the cake may end up with an unpleasant aftertaste.
When the base for the quiche is ready, you can proceed to preparing the filling. This part also consists of several stages:
- Cauliflower must be cut and boiled in salted water for 5-7 minutes (you can learn more about the correct boiling of the vegetable here). Then drain the water and put the cabbage to cool.
- At this time, cut the meat into strips and fry for 8-10 minutes in a preheated pan with the addition of a small amount of vegetable or olive oil.
- Beat the cheese, cream, parsley and eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add nutmeg, spices, meat, cabbage and mix all ingredients well.
Pour the filling into a baking sheet with dough and bake for 30-40 minutes.
During the baking process, you need to monitor the cake so that it does not burn.
Learn more about making cauliflower pie here.
Turkey goes well with cabbage. The most popular dish is the oven-baked turkey with cauliflower. In addition, to prepare this dish, you will need carrots, hard cheese and spices. The cooking process is quite simple:
- Chop cabbage and meat, season with spices and put on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven, and a few minutes until ready, sprinkle with grated cheese on top to form a crust.
Stewed cabbage with beef is a hearty dish. To prepare it:
- Chop the cauliflower a lot.
- Cut the meat into strips and fry in oil for 7-10 minutes.
- Combine cabbage with meat, add onions, carrots, tomatoes and spices.
- Simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes.
Recommendation! Pork is fatty meat, so excess fat must be removed before cooking.
To make the meat boil well, pork with cauliflower is cooked in a multicooker (read our article on how to cook cauliflower in a multicooker). For this:
- Vegetables - cabbage, onions, tomatoes, carrots and bell peppers must be chopped.
- The meat, cut into pieces of medium size, is laid out on the bottom of the multicooker.
- Top covered with vegetables, seasoned with spices.
- After adding a little water and vegetable oil, you need to set the timer for 60-40 minutes.
Cabbage with meat is served warm. It is permissible to add various sauces, ketchup, mayonnaise, sour cream. Also, the dish is decorated with herbs:
The dish can be laid out on large plates or served in small portioned pots. Cabbage cooked with meat is combined with various drinks:
- freshly squeezed juice;
- berry juice;
The dish is delicious and nutritious. However, you need to eat it in moderation. Otherwise, you can get problems with the digestive system.