Recently in Russia they did not even know about the existence of Peking cabbage. Initially, the vegetable was grown in China, then it was cultivated in Japan and Korea.
Peking cabbage or Chinese cabbage - this is the name of the biennial vegetable crop of the Cruciferous family, mainly grown as an annual. Ripe Peking cabbage forms an oblong cylindrical head of cabbage, at the base of the leaves have a white vein, the leaves form a loose rosette.
In the spring, people begin to lose weight en masse by the summer, but most begin to feel sick from dry buckwheat without salt and oil on the third day. Do not despair, because it is possible to eat tasty, satisfying and low-calorie. Stuffed Chinese cabbage will be your salvation.
What can you stuff?
So what can you add to Beijing? Everything here is limited only by your imagination.
- Cottage cheese + greens (dill would be an excellent option).
- Vegetable filling (bell peppers, carrots, corn).
- Cheese filling (hard varieties are especially suitable).
- Minced meat and vegetables.
Whichever filling you choose, be sure that stuffed Peking cabbage is almost impossible to spoil.
Calorie content of the dish
Not more than 200 kcal, but it all depends on the filling. Chinese cabbage contains only 16 kcal!
Recipes with photos
With curd cheese and dill
- Packaging of curd cheese.
- A sprig of dill.
- A clove of garlic.
- Head of Peking.
- A couple of boiled eggs.
- In a bowl, combine curd cheese, a finely chopped sprig of dill, rub a clove of garlic.
- Disassemble the Beijing into separate leaves, rinse them under running water.
- Spread a thick layer of the filling chosen from 2 options, and then collect the leaves back into the head of cabbage.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate. Preferably at night.
- Take out a Peking in the morning, cut it and enjoy the unusual taste and minimum calories!
It is imperative to keep stuffed cabbage in the refrigerator. This will give the dish extraordinary taste and sophistication.
- On a fine grater, grate 2 boiled eggs, mix with curd cheese and a sprig of dill.
- Mix thoroughly. Mash with a fork if necessary.
- Spread the filling evenly over each peking leaf.
- Collect back to the head of cabbage.
- Chop and serve in portions.
If you are a fan of something more satisfying, then the meat filling will be to your taste!
- A pound of minced meat.
- 2 onions.
- 1 carrot.
- 70 grams of green peas.
- Finely chop a couple of onions and send to a frying pan with 500 grams of minced meat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add one grated carrot and canned green peas.
- Spread a thick layer on the Peking sheets.
- Collect them in a head of cabbage, put them on a dish greased with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes at 180-200 degrees.
You can use canned corn instead of canned peas. This ingredient will not spoil the dish in the least.
- 400 grams of minced meat.
- 1 large onion.
- 2 large tomatoes.
- 1 carrot.
- Sauté the minced meat and finely chopped onion in olive oil.
- Add grated carrots, after 3-5 minutes add tomatoes.
- Put the resulting mixture on sheets of Peking, thoroughly washed under running water.
- Fold back into the head and wrap in foil.
- Send to oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees.
With bell pepper
If you are a crunchy lover, this recipe will be an amazing discovery for you.
- Finely chop 1 bell pepper, a couple of small tomatoes, 3 sprigs of green onions, salt, pepper and season to taste.
- Toss with 70 grams of canned corn and 1 fresh cucumber, finely chopped.
- Use mayonnaise as a dressing.
- Put the filling on the cabbage leaves, collect them in a head of cabbage, cut into pieces.
It is better to choose mayonnaise not very fatty, then the dish will be tender and pleasant to the taste.
With cottage cheese
Another very successful filling option is cottage cheese.
- A pound of cottage cheese.
- A couple of sprigs of greenery.
- 1 clove of garlic
- Sour cream.
- Place 500 grams of cottage cheese in a bowl and crush with a fork.
- Chop 1-2 sprigs of dill or other herbs to taste.
- Add 1 clove of garlic and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the filling on each Peking leaf, then collect the head of cabbage.
- Press firmly and wrap tightly with cling film.
- After a couple of hours, you can cut it.
Peking cabbage leaves should be spread very carefully so that they do not break.
- Mix a pound of cottage cheese with sour cream, add 1 clove of garlic and spices to taste.
- Disassemble the Chinese cabbage into individual leaves and rinse them under running water.
- Spread the filling on each leaf in a thick layer, then put the head of cabbage back together.
- Wrap with cling film and refrigerate for 5-6 hours.
- Cut and serve in portions.
An ideal recipe for salty lovers.
- 70 grams of corn.
- 8 olives.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 200 grams of feta cheese.
Olives can be used instead of olives. It is better to choose spicy olives, this will add spice to the dish.
- Cheese must be cut into small cubes, add canned corn, 8 pieces of olives, salt and pepper to taste, use olive oil as a dressing.
- After you distribute the filling and collect the cabbage, send the dish to the refrigerator overnight.
- Finely chop the cheese (200 grams), mix with one carrot fried in olive oil, add half a can of corn and a handful of olives.
- Distribute the resulting mixture evenly over each leaf of Peking cabbage, thoroughly washed under running water (how to wash and clean Peking cabbage before cooking?).
- Having collected everything in a head of cabbage, press the sheets together and cut.
How to submit?
They meet, as they say, by their clothes. Before your guests taste the dish, they will appreciate the way you served it..
- It is one thing when the dish is on the table in disposable dishes and try to prove that it is really tasty, and quite another thing when the serving is tasteful, the plates are in the same style, not flashy and do not distract attention from the appetizer itself.
- The dish is best served in portions, already cut. It will look original if you put each separate piece not on a bare plate, but on a whole leaf of Peking cabbage.
- Remember that if the appetizer is supposed to be hot, then it should be served hot. Not warm, and even less cold, otherwise, whatever the presentation, the impressions of the dish will not be the best.
Peking cabbage recipes are mostly quite simple, do not require complex products and practically no effort, absolutely any housewife can handle them. However, this simplicity in no way affects the taste of the dishes, which, by the way, are simply delicious. Choose Stuffed Peking to wow guests on the spot.!